Friday, August 30, 2013
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs blog to share 5 things from this week. It has been a busy week back at school and next week I'll get to see all the kids!
1. At our first staff meeting Monday morning, these two videos were shared with us. Check them out!
Our principal's rendition of: Challenger All Summer Long!
Our staff's top 10 things about teaching you didn't learn in college.
2. On Wednesday evening we had Open House! I was so excited to meet some of my brand new third graders! Some weren't able to make it and I am looking forward to meeting them on Tuesday. Check out my last post for some pictures of our room.
3. This year we will be starting a new math series. We replaced Everyday Math with Math Expressions. Do any of my teacher friends out there use it or know anything about it??
4. I just got these awesome reading genre signs hung up. I got them during the TpT sale from Rachel at The Tattooed Teacher! I think I will only have up the ones we are studying this year, but for the beginning of the year it makes a great board! Love 'em! :)
5. Have a fabulous long weekend and...........
Thursday, August 29, 2013
I had such a great time meeting some of our new 3rd graders at Open House! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your evening to come and meet me and check out our room. If you couldn't make it, here are some pictures of our room. I will see you all on Tuesday! :)
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
New polka dot rugs from IKEA~ can't go wrong for $20!
Partial view of the book corner
Another partial view of the classroom library.
This board is right above my desk. I made a tissue paper border, and love how it turned out SO much! Thank you to Jessica at the First Grade Nest for the awesomely adorable idea! :)
For ALL the stuff I bought for my classroom this summer, at least I am also getting RID of stuff!! Woo hoo! Does anyone else love how it feels to throw stuff away??
Some of my new chevron items! Yes, another lamp. I couldn't help it! :)
An overall view of the mess..... I may have posted this pic before or put it on Insta....not much has changed in the last few days!
I will post more pics showing the finished result as I get more work done! :)
Monday, August 12, 2013
Happy Monday! I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday. Only a couple more free Mondays before I'm back to school! Yikes!! Check out 10 things about me!
1. I'm about to start my 6th year teaching 3rd grade. I love 3rd grade, my team, and my school so much, there's no place I'd rather be every day!
2. I have a chocolate lab named Layla who is my husband's and my child. She's the cutest, sweetest dog on the planet and pretty much gets anything she wants! We also have a sweet, cuddly kitty named Morgan. I love her, but my husband, not so much! He's definitely not a cat person, good thing she has me to defend her. :)
3. My husband is a farmer and we live in the country, and have been married for 6 years. I love living in the country with all the space of our big yard. The only downside is having to drive 40 miles to work. :( Thank goodness for summer break!
4. Two things I love to drink: coffee from Starbucks, and Dr. Pepper!
5. I love to read. It's so hard to find time to read personal, non school-related books. That's what I was looking forward to this summer and do you know many I read? Zero!! I'm so disappointed in myself, what have I been doing?! Blogging I suppose.....along with other things going on. Guess I'll have to make myself make time for it during the school year!
6. I have two older brothers who are twins, and one younger sister.
7. I have two adorable, funny, perfect nephews, my sister's boys, named Brody (5 yrs.- about to start Kindergarten!) and Jax (7 mo).
8. In the spring I coach Track. I have done it for 4 years. My first 2 I was the middle school head coach, and the past 2 years I've been the varsity girls and boys head coach. I really enjoy it, but it is so much more work, stress, organization, management, and responsibility than I ever imagined! It makes the spring beyond crazily busy and fly by super fast!
9. I am very addicted to my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. In fact, I feel like a kid cause my husband often threatens to take them away from me. He has a time or two designated days "tech-free." I can't help it!
10. I have 2 weeks left of summer vacation!!! My district is going 1:1 this year and I am BEYOND excited. It will be a lot of work to get it implemented and get everyone trained and on board, but it will be so worth it. The kids in our district are so lucky for an opportunity like this. I get to help by training the K-3 teachers on iPads! Yikes!
Hope you enjoyed reading a little about me, thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll follow my blog to continue learning more! Have a great week! :)
Friday, August 9, 2013
It's time again to link up with DoodleBugs for Five for Friday! I feel like I just did this! It must mean school is coming if the weeks are starting to fly by faster!
1. Last weekend I came to school to start to tackle some of the cupboards in my classroom!
Unfortunately this is how I left it that day!
I'm linking this post up with the fabulous organizers of this exchange, Covered in Glitter and Glue and Adventures of Ms. Smith. Head to their blogs to see what other amazing things everyone received! It was so much fun!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
I finally got around to making these fun glitter clothespins that I bought the supplies for a MONTH ago! They were super easy and fun to make. I used black and silver to start with. I may make a few more with bright colors later. The pink glitter was sold out at the time and I didn't like any of the other options. Back to Michael's I'll have to go!
I'm linking up a day late for Monday Made It with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics. And since I've never "tried it" before, I'm also linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday. I'm cheating a little this time with the 2 link-ups! ;) Click on the pictures to see the tons of other teachers who have linked up for each one!!!