Friday, August 30, 2013

Five for Friday~ August 30th

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs blog to share 5 things from this week. It has been a busy week back at school and next week I'll get to see all the kids!


1. At our first staff meeting Monday morning, these two videos were shared with us. Check them out!

 
Our principal's rendition of: Challenger All Summer Long!

Our staff's top 10 things about teaching you didn't learn in college.

2. On Wednesday evening we had Open House! I was so excited to meet some of my brand new third graders! Some weren't able to make it and I am looking forward to meeting them on Tuesday. Check out my last post for some pictures of our room. 

3. This year we will be starting a new math series. We replaced Everyday Math with Math Expressions. Do any of my teacher friends out there use it or know anything about it??

4. I just got these awesome reading genre signs hung up. I got them during the TpT sale from Rachel at The Tattooed Teacher! I think I will only have up the ones we are studying this year, but for the beginning of the year it makes a great board! Love 'em! :)



5. Have a fabulous long weekend and...........

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the chevron background on your genre board!! :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so busy with the start of the school year that I completely missed your blog makeover...I love it!!! Wishing you a wonderful first week :)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete